Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Guns of Avalon - Book Two of The Chronicles of Amber




"Nobody steals books, but your friends" - Corwin

The Guns of Avalon is book two of the Chronicles of Amber by Roger Zelanzy. This series has been one that I have been wanting to read for a long time. I first heard of it a while back from a friend, who loaned me the massive book. It contained all ten books of the series, which I never got around to finishing. After book one, the friend wanted to loan it to someone else. Guess I took too long. If you haven't heard of the series, I recommend picking it up. Each book is pretty short about four to five hours on audiobook each.

Book two continues the story of Corwin. The series is from the point of view of Corwin, who is one of the many children of Amber. Years do not mean anything to the Children of Amber. Their lives are lived in Shadow, bending, manipulating and building the Shadow to their desire. Along his journey to retake the throne of Amber, Corwin finds a place in Shadow he hasn't visited in years. Avalon.

Take the journey into Shadow with Corwin, you won't be looking back or wanting it to end.

- Constant Read.

No comments:

Post a Comment